Friday, March 20, 2009

Calling Google, are you there?


Hey Google are ya there?

I can’t find any good way to contact Google or submit ideas. They all seem to lead to the Help area which is about using what they already have going.

Here’s an idea; add a search window to blogger to search blogger.

I know they have a search tool for searching within particular blogs, that is not much help. Also I suppose I could use the standard search tool in advanced mode and screw around, or use blog search but I want something simpler. I want a window at the top of the page to search all blogger results around the world for topics and common interests. Does this sound like twitter?

I want to be able to type in “photography” or “quiche recipes for gay Labradors” and then find other people in the world writing about those topics. In this way we could link up and compare notes and do that whole social networking thing people are into now.

So what’s up Google, ya there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, one way to do it would be to search Google for "site:blogspot.com topic", but that would exclude sites people are hosting themselves. Another way would be to use Blog Search (http://blogsearch.google.com/), but that includes non-Blogger blogs.

You might drop a post at the feedback forum: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/label?lid=1e8249fc90930d5e&hl=en